Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Forsaken (Daughters of the Sea, #1)Forsaken by Kristen Day
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

This book was definitely not what I expected, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. It was like Everblue meets The Goddess Test and Half-Blood all rolled into one. I love the world Day created, and the mysteries wrapped around Stasia's history and Finn's identity kept me intrigued.

Why did her parents really leave her as a baby? And why does Finn seem to know so much about her when they’ve only just met?

The pace of the book was rather steady, but there were a few scenes (mainly ones meant to help explain the intricacies of the world) that seemed to slow parts of the story. I understand their necessity, but there were so many that didn't include Finn, that I felt I didn't get to know him well enough before the end of the book. I know this was to help maintain his air of mystery, but I wish he could have played a larger part in the middle of this book.

All in all, Kristen Day couldn’t have done a better job with her debut novel. The plot was well developed and the characters are easy to fall in love with. There are plenty of secrets to be unraveled and the adventure is ongoing. I know I for one cannot wait to see what else is in store for Stasia and Finn in the next installment!

This book is a great find, and I'm grateful the author let me have a copy to review.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment