Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Being HumanBeing Human by Patricia Lynne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It took me a while to write this review because I feel so torn about it. I love the book but I am not so in love with the ending.

The story itself is amazing! I am not usually one to care for vampire books, but I found this one really drawing me in. The characters are well developed and they pull you in until you feel like you are part of the story yourself. You watch Tommy and Danny navigate their bond of brotherhood and the obstacles that threaten to tear them apart. I also appreciate Lynne's ability to showcase that "being human" is more than just a literal application, it's who you are inside.

I fell in love with all of the characters so much that by the time I got to the end I felt a little bereft at the abruptness of it. I didn't find it matched the pace of the rest of the book, and it felt a bit hurried. I'm not looking for another book, but I would've liked at least an epilogue to get a little more closure. Other than that, I found it was a refreshing find compared to most all other paranormal YA books out there.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment