Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Glitter KissGlitter Kiss by Adrianne Ambrose
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


One kiss from Tinka's sparkling lips leads to some unexpected consequences for the callous boys of Portage High School. After a secret romance goes up in flames, she looks to a fortune teller for answers on finding true love, which leads to the summoning of some accidental--but hilarious-magic. But in the end, Tinka has to learn to take responsibility for her own decisions, with or without the aid of magic.

I really liked this story! I've never read any graphic novels besides manga before so I didn't know what to expect (not going to lie, I definitely felt like a dork since it took me so long to get used to reading from left to right, instead of right to left as in manga).

It is a cute short story that follows Tinka on her torturous path towards finding real love. She keeps falling for jerks and just doesn't know how to tell if I guy is being sincere with her or not. Enters an amateur fortune teller, to share with her that she will soon stumble upon a way to tell when a guy is really interested. This is where the fun really begins.

I certainly found myself laughing at the strange predicaments that the characters wound up getting themselves into. If this were a manga, it would fall into the category of ‘gender bender’. It forces you to see things from a different perspective. Despite its light-hearted tone, it really has some valuable lessons it’s trying to portray. I liken it to something akin to Aesop’s fables. It’s short and sweet, and in the end there is a moral to the story.

If you are looking for a quick and funny read (at a little over 150 pgs. I think I read it in just over an hour) then Glitter Kiss is a great stop for you. Look for it when it comes out in December 2012.

I received this copy as an ARC from the author for an honest review.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment